Vintage Shmintage.

I like vintage. Who doesn't? It's cheap, it's (usually) one-off, it's worn in, it's got a history to it.. The list goes on. But I'm really wondering, does anyone have trouble actually finding vintage fashion that looks good on them? I know I sure do. No matter what vintage shop I go to, no matter what country I might be in, I swear I just never seem to find anything that looks good. Maybe I'm just not cut out for it, who knows, but whatever it is, I'm down right pissed off about it.
I do own 1 item of vintage clothing and that's an amazing 1980's bomber jacket I bought in some random shop in Tottenham Court Road.
There she is, isn't she a beauty? It's meant to be Marilyn Monroes face on the back but whether or not it actually is is questionable. But I'm sure (and you can probably tell quite easily) this jacket is straight out of the 80's. I could imagine my dad probably wore something like this when he was went to the Dire Straits concert '82...
Oh, and what's this? Not only is it a cool jacket but it was made by popular 80's fashion label Sand Bagger! Ha ha, yes, riiiiiight. That really is quite the name for a clothing brand.. Anywhoo, to do the thing justice you really have to see it on the human body, so here, I will provide you with just that. (and on a very sexy human body indeed.)

I spend alot of time on www.esty.com which has a really great vintage section but unfortunately ordering online cancels out the 'trying on' part of shopping, therefore you really have to chose wisely with your purchases. Also, alot of the sellers are based in the US of A so if you did want to return them in the end, you would waste alot of time doing so. I guess thats the reason why i would only really buy handbags, shoes or accessories from there, but there are some great choices for these, so when you have a chance, check it out, i swear it's one of the best site on the world wide web.


Here's a cool handbag by seller santokivintage. It's $33.00 US and they are based in Austin, TX.





I absolutely love this vintage toadstool/mushroom brooch. You can find it on RoseCottageVintage's shop, only $17.99!! Bargain!