I have a jobby.

I am excited to tell you all that I have recently started doing work experience for Jonathan Saunders. Yay for me!! I've always loved his work and checked out his shows in Fashion Week each year, so it's kind of overwhelming to have my first job at his studio!
Don't get me wrong, the work is everything but glamorous. This is my 3rd week there and so far my duties have included: delivering clothing to the press office/retailers, running errands for things like soap, toilet paper, dish sponges... organizing old stock, lifting boxes, changing hangers, sewing labels onto a billion items of clothing, making impossible to make belts.. and the list goes on.. oh, i forgot one key thing, changing the bins! Oh yea, my title should be runner/bin woman. 
Nah, I'm kidding. You need to start somewhere right? And unfortunately when you work in the fashion industry you have to start at the bottom. The very bottom.
It does feel glamorous to be around all this luxury and expensive clothing all day. They must really trust me to allow me to steam, press, sew and alter the actual runway collection. Truthfully, I dont know if I even trust myself to do it, but they do and for that I feel pretty special. 
Jonathan Saunders himself is like a celebrity to me. And I see him all day at work. He's pretty hot too. And *ahem* he's an INCREDIBLE designer. 
Here are some photos of my personal favorites from his current collection. (A/W 2009)
 
Cool huh? Yea, I sewed labels on all those pieces. Pretty special.
So we will see where it goes. I plan on staying there for a long while, get some good experience and show I'm dedicated and hard working. It will look so good on my CV! Oh boi!
Toodles! x