Queen Betsey.

My favorite designer of all time is Betsey Johnson. In case you have never heard of her, which I'm sure you have, then here's a bit of background info on her. 
Betsey, 67, is an American designer and is best known for her whimsical designs. She is also pretty well known for the fact that at most of her runway shows, she finishes by doing a cartwheel. (Yes, even at 67)
She originally made her mark in the 1960's while she was part of Andy Worhols scene, she often used to used Edie Sedgwick as her muse for her designs.
She opened her first retail store in 1978 and now has over 45 stores worldwide. 

"Making clothes involves what I like, colour, pattern, shape and movement. I like the everyday process... The people, the pressure, the surprise of seeing the work come alive walking and dancing around on strangers. Like red lipstick on the mouth, my products wake up and bring the wearer to life... drawing attention to her beauty and specialness, her moods and movements, her dreams and fantasies." - Betsey Johnson

She is an absolute godess to me. And everything I want to be and to achieve in life. Oh, how I envy her!
She's also pretty fit for an old lady, if I do say so for myself!
I started watching Betsey since age 12 when I saw a dress of hers in a boutique in Calgary, Canada. I thought it was magical and beautiful. Ever since then, I find that I continue to be surprised by her collections and shows and everything she does is so theatrical yet so pretty. I would wear any single piece she has ever designed and wear it with confidence and pride. Thats just how much I love this lady.
Here's a few of my favs from her A/W 2009 Ready to Wear collection. For this show, she didnt use a runway but did her show on a decked out set in her show room with an old school diner theme. She called it "Betsey Crocker's Kitchen." God, could anyone be anymore amazing?