I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!!

I was naturally drawn to Balmain's Spring 2009 RTW collection but not until recently did I truely begin to really appreciate it.
As we see the 80's shoulder pad trend come back in (which I'm so obsessed with but don't have my own pair yet..) I really took notice in the incredible structured military jackets that went down the runway.
This particular jacket is by far my favorite of the collection and I can seriously see this item fitting into my wardrobe and I am pretty confident in saying it would suit me and my style perfectly so I decided to see if it was available to purchase.
And it is.
For £6,560.
Okay, so the straight fact is that I will never in my life own this jacket but I have been thinking of ways to create something similar at a much lower price.
I'm thinking ebay for a military jacket, a haberdashery shop for some embellishments and my sewing machine to put it all together..
I'm going to give it a try and I'll post the outcome (if it is worthy of being posted) and show what I've come out with.
To be Continued...